We are fully committed to reducing your carbon footprint.
Electrical and electronic waste is the fastest growing waste stream in the UK due to around 1 million tonnes being generated every year. We feel that executing a robust environmental strategy surrounding the WEEE directive leads to reductions in carbon and carbon dioxide emissions.
We have a clear commitment to zero waste to landfill and work with our partner companies to ensure specific initiatives are implemented and sustained.
We implement solutions that will not only save you money but also reduce your organisation’s impact on the environment, giving you not just great PR but also tangible results.
The following are ways in which will improve both Protech City’s and your carbon impact:
- Vehicles on rental agreement– all vehicles are renewed every three years, making them more eco-efficient in line with current engine sizes/efficiencies (e.g. Euro 6). We have 24-hour access to all vehicles from 7.5-44 tonnes, and we choose the most efficient vehicle in line with the size of the load to minimise the number of journeys
- Copper Extraction- we work with an external company who provide support with extracting copper from cables, as they maintain specialised machinery, which we can use to ensure every asset can have a restored purpose.
- We only print when necessary – We have a paperless policy and monitor usage so that we can track the reduction in use.
- Shredded plastic components – Plastic off wire and casings is melted and reused through our recycling supply chain.
- Metal from our process is recycled even specialist metal such as mercury is removed safely and reused.
- Zero to landfill policy 10,000.